HOW TO CANCEL/RESCHEDULE A MYC GAME
MIDDLESEX YANKEE CONFERENCE LEAGUE
You will see that games are a headache to reschedule. Additionally, IF a canceled game is not rescheduled, your team is charged with a forfeit loss AND NYHA is charged your opponent's game fee plus a $100 fine.
Submit day off requests to the Director of Resources as soon as you know your team is participating in a tournament so that you don't end up with games when your team is away.
If you are canceling because you are short on players, call up players from a lower level team.
If you feel the game date or time is unreasonable (e.g. too late on a school night or on a holiday) contact Kathy Cincotta at Middlesex Yankee Conference (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request that the league reschedule the game. Please copy NYHA Director of Resources in your request.
Swap games with another team:
- Contact Kathy Cincotta at Middlesex Yankee Conference (email@example.com) and request a game swap.
- Be sure to copy NYHA Director of Resources when you make the request.
- Inform your team of the swap. MYC will likely update the schedule, but it may be at the last minute.
If you have no other option and must reschedule a Middlesex Yankee Conference game:
1) Contact your opponent to let them know of cancellation.
2) Complete the game cancellation form on mycgl.com
3) Reschedule the game: If a game is not rescheduled by the end of the season, the game will be a forfeit loss for your team and NYHA will be charged the other team's game fee and a $100 fine.
4) Obtain ice: Contact the NYHA Director of Resources about open Ice Times. At least one week in advance, provide game details to the Director of Resources who will schedule officials and a timekeeper.
5) Submit the game sheet: After the game is played, enter the score on the MYCGL website or email directly to the league and mail in the white game sheet.